I am looking forward to enjoying Easter brunch at True Food Kitchen. This is one of my favorite restaurants for a healthy meal especially for a gathering, meet up or special celebration. The clean eco-chic design creates an inviting and relaxing atmosphere to dine inside and outside. All six southern California locations in Santa Monica, Pasadena, El Segundo, Newport Beach La Jolla, and San Diego are similar in brand design but each are unique so they don’t look like a cookie cutter cut out.
Dr. Weil, renowned Integrative Medicine physician is the founder of True Food Kitchen where they have a passion for healthy living through better food. He adopted the concept of the anti inflammatory diet and pyramid where food is selected and prepared to achieve the optimum balance to avoid chronic inflammation.
Healthy certainly does not translate to boring and unimaginative food. What you will find at True Food Kitchen is a varied menu offering colorful organic seasonal vegetable dishes, meat, chicken and seafood entrees that is seasoned and flavorful. There are many gluten friendly and vegan options that are clearly labeled on the menu. If you need modifications on a selection because of your dietary needs True Food Kitchen will gladly modify your selection and they will advertise that they will customize your order on their website. As always, let your waiter or waitress know when you place your order of any food preferences or allergies.
Earth Day is April 22nd! I love using my reusable canvas bag – The Little Market’s PURPOSEfull Grocery List Tote.
All through the month of April they have introduced the Good Earth Kale Cobb salad in celebration of Earth Month. They will donate $1.00 for every salad to the Environmental Working Group. True Food Kitchen takes pride in sourcing their organic kale from San Miguel Farms.
Dr. Andrew Weil has authored several best-selling books including True Food: Seasonal, Sustainable, Simple and Pure. The book showcases recipes that are brought to life with high-quality ingredients and simple preparations associated with the food you can eat in the restaurant.
True Food Kitchen regularly serves brunch Saturdays and Sundays from 10am to 3pm (4pm for San Diego locations). Check each location for specific community events (or local eventrbrite listings) such as a morning weekend class followed up with 15% off brunch.
Make your reservations now for Mother’s Day Brunch through Open Table. Depending on the location brunch starts at 9am or 9:30am. Reservations can book up quickly at these popular destinations. For brunch try their special seasonally inspired treat such as the new Quinoa Strawberry Pancakes. Valet and self parking.
I appreciate how the brunch menu includes some new breakfast type items only offered at brunch with some favorites off the daily full menu.
Below are some of my personal brunch favorites.
To Drink: Juices, Smoothies and Refreshers
- Kale Aid: kale, ginger, apple, celery, cucumber, lemon
- Pomegranate Chia Limeade: A beautiful pink colored drink (pictured below)
- Kale and Coconut Smoothie: banana, pineapple, lemon, ginger, honey
From the Breakfast Brunch Additions:
- Garden Scramble (GF) (VEG): broccolini, onion, bell pepper, sweet potato; with added chicken sausage (I get mine without the cheese)
- Smashed Avocado Toast (VEG): organic sunny side up eggs, smoked gouda, sesame, thyme (I like it with egg-whites cooked in olive oil with no cheese and special request for gluten free bread if available)
Full Menu Items on the Brunch Menu:
- Korean Noodle (V) (GF): sweet potato glass noodle, pickled shiitake, spinach, heirloom carrot, bean sprout, toasted sesame (I get mine with the sauce on the side, adding choice of meat is optional)
- Daily market soup. The soup varies with location and day. Ask your server for the daily soup and if it is gluten and dairy free. My favorite soups are the miso soup (gf) and the chicken noodle (gf) when offered.
- Grilled Fish Tacos: (GF) Mauritius Island redfish, tomatillo avocado salsa, pickled jicama, dried sweet corn, coconut lime yogurt, anasazi bean (I like to get it without any of the dairy)
Millennial Savings Tip: Happy Hour
Happy Hour is from 3pm to 6pm Monday-Friday. Get great deals on food! For $5 enjoy the Seared Chicken Satay (gf) featuring achiote, pumpkin seed salsa, cucumber, cilantro or a Chicken Taco featuring pickled jicama & dried sweet corn.
Slider Photo Credit: True Food Kitchen Facebook
Enjoy your blessed day! Let me know where your favorite place is to go celebrate with family and friends.