Welcome to summer! It is the perfect time to schedule in some outdoor movie screenings. Below are top five summer outdoor movie screening locations.
Location: Hollywood Forever Cemetery
Address: 6000 Santa Monica Blvd, Los Angeles, CA 90038
Parking Passes: On-Site Parking $15
Pricing: Varies between $12-$38 depending on screening
More information on parking and venue: Click Here
Location: Cinespia at John Anson Ford Theatres
Address: 2580 Cahuenga Blvd East Hollywood, CA 90068
On-Site Parking: Very limited, cars are stacked so there is no early exiting. $12
Pricing: Varies between $20-$40
Films: Star Wars Films, Episode IV (7/7), Episode V (7/14), Episode VI (7/21)
More information on parking and venue: Click Here
Summer isn’t complete without a cemetery movie screening. Cinespia screenings brings movie-lovers to Hollywood Forever Cemetery and John Anson Ford Theaters, toting folding chairs, picnic blankets, and snack spreads.
Each year, Cinespia brings classic cult favorites to the hallowed resting place of such Hollywood greats as Rudolph Valentino and Wizard of Oz director Victor Fleming. This year’s screenings includes Bring It On, Dumb and Dumber, Rear Window and Twilight.
Angelenos line up for hours to partake in the concept—and to enjoy DJ sets, dance parties, photo booths and sleepovers. It’s an L.A. rite of passage, a quintessential summer experience and one of the best film venues in the city. Just be sure to get your tickets soon and arrive early (doors open at 6:45pm).
Locations: Varies per screening, Different Parks in varying areas such as Glendale, Manhattan Beach, Griffith Park, Pacific Palisades, Los Angeles, Culver City, Eagle Rock, West Hollywood, Pasadena, Downtown , Beverly Hills
Parking: “Parking is not included in ticket purchase. All parking lots are independently owned and operated. Street Food Cinema does not own or manage parking at any of the event sites besides Will Rogers and King Gillette Ranch. Most locations have street parking available.” Each screening gives you specific information for pricing and parking details.
Ticket Pricing: Tickets are offered at a lower cost for advanced ticketing for reserved sections ($19) and general ($14). If still available tickets the door may be purchased for reserved seating ($23) and general admission ($18) starting at 6pm for some screenings. See each screening for more detail.
About: For dinner and a movie, all in one, just follow the food trucks. During the summer and fall, Street Food Cinema throws together a series of mostly outdoor parties that include screenings of some of our favorite movies, paired with an assortment of gourmet food trucks and even a live music performance from a cool local band. I like how the Street Food Cinema website clearly labels what music and what food will be available. The screenings are held in venues across L.A., and alternate from week to week, so make sure to check the schedule. Some of the outdoor venues are dog-friendly, allowing you to bring your four-legged cinema lover along.
Price: Prixe fixe menu: $35-$45 (plus tax and 20% gratuity), Dining Reservations Required
Reservations: Reserve your comfortable lounger seats, on a first come first serve basis, by purchasing your prix-fixe menu in-advance. Call 310.226.6245 or email email@example.com for more information.
Parking: Valet $13.25 with validation for seeing the screening
Menu: Click Here to View Mr. C Cinema Menu
About: For a more posh experience enjoy the cinema at Mr. C Beverly Hills’ poolside screening series. Enjoy a classic film, alongside alfresco eats, a special poolside menu and traditional movie snacks, like popcorn and candy. Films begin at sundown every Tuesday at 7pm through Labor Day.
Films: This year’s roster of crowd favorites includes Bridesmaids (July 2), Alice in Wonderland (July 9), Wildlife (July 16), Space Jam (July 23), Black Panther (July 23), Mean Girls (August 6), The Incredibles (August 13), Avengers: Infinity War (Aug 20), and Thelma & Louise (August 27)
Locations: Los Angeles and San Diego
Los Angeles Locations: Level Downtown (4th floor, 888 South Olive St, Los Angeles, CA 90014) and Neuehouse Hollywood (6121 Sunset Blvd, Los Angeles, CA 90028, 3rd floor access of El Centro Ave)
San Diego Locations: Manchester Grand Hyatt (1 Market Place, San Diego, CA 92101, 4th Floor Sport Terrace, Harbor Tower)
Ticket Price: Varies, See each screening for options. Student discounts available.
- Lounge Seat: Sit back and relax in one of their comfy deckchairs: $18
- Lounge Seat + Bottomless Popcorn: $21
- Love Seat + Bottomless Popcorn: $25/each sold in pairs (perfect for date night!)
It is a cashless venue. All major credit card types accepted.
- Neuehouse Hollywood: At the box office, purchase the $12 validation chaser ticket, which you will use when you exit the Columbia Square Parking garage at the end of the night.
- Level Downtown: You can self-park across the street for $7 or valet at LEVEL for $15
- Manchester Grand Hyatt: Self parking in hotel garage: $11 with validation, or for free (up to 4 hours) with purchase of food or drink at Rooftop Cinema Club (not including popcorn and candy. Retrieve token from food or bar kiosk)
About: Bring your friends to enjoy city skylines, sunsets, starlit evenings, awesome drinks, delicious food, and great movies on the big screen. Enjoy handpicked curation of cults, classics and new releases. Look out for special events with extra games, premieres, sing-a-longs and more. “Doors open at 6:30 p.m. so you can enjoy all the elements of our experience during the most beautiful times – golden hour, sunset and dusk. The movie begins after the sun goes down, just as the stars are coming out and the city lights are starting to twinkle. ”
Personal Headphones: Enjoy the movie with personal state-of-the-art wireless headphones.
Ticket Pricing and Parking: Free
Location is determined by screening schedule:
- Craig Regional Park, 3300 N State College Blvd., Fullerton (Friday, June 28: “Thor”, Friday, July 5: “Jurassic Park”)
- Yorba Regional Park, 7600 E La Palma Ave., Anaheim (Friday, July 12: “Paddington 2”, Friday, July 19: “The Goonies”)
- Mason Regional Park, 18712 University Drive, Irvine (Friday, July 26: “Incredibles 2”, Friday, Aug. 2: “Back to the Future”)
- Irvine Regional Park, 1 Irvine Park Road, Orange (Friday, Aug. 9: “Mary Poppins Returns”, Friday, Aug. 16: “The Jungle Book”)
- Laguna Niguel Regional Park, 28241 La Paz Road, Laguna Niguel (Friday, Aug. 23: “The Lego Movie 2: The Second Part”, Friday, Aug. 30: “The Princess Bride”)
- Bluff Park at Salt Creek Beach, 33333 Pacific Coast Hwy, Dana Point (Friday, Sept. 6: “Lilo & Stitch”, Friday, Sept. 13: “The Endless Summer”)
About: “The events will begin at 6 p.m. with movies screening at 8 p.m. on Friday evenings June 14 through Sept. 13. All of the movies are free and patrons are welcome to bring low-back lawn chairs, beach towels, blankets and coolers with picnic items. Parking is free and there will be food trucks and various vendors on site.”