Celebration of coffee lovers everywhere. September 29, 2019 is National Coffee Day. Below are places offering special coffee offerings.
Tip: On Sunday check your favorite coffee spots Instagram stories and social media posts for more info about what is being offered there.
Perhaps my favorite offer is from The Butcher’s Daughter:
All locations of The Butcher’s Daughter is celebrating National Coffee Day 2019 with a little bit of kindness. If you tell any member of the staff a random act of kindness you performed on 9/29, you will receive a free drip coffee.
Other Free Deals with No Purchase Necessary
- Krispy Kreme: Get one free original glazed doughnut and one free brewed coffee without any purchases. They are also offering a glazed doughnut filled with coffee cream that will only be available from until Sunday, September 29.
- Le Pain Quotidien: BYOM ( bring your own mug) for a complimentary cup of coffee.
- Coffee Bean and Tea Leaf partnered with SoCal Honda: Random Cups of Helpfulness will offer a free drink of choice at select locations in SoCal. Free coffee location hints will be shared on Facebook and Twitter. Check out the Huntington Beach and Santa Monica Locations.
- Intelligentsia: get a free instant coffee with a purchase of $10 or more, while supplies last. Online customers who purchase two 12-ounce bags of coffee will also get free shipping.
- Philz Coffee: Bring your own mug or container and Philz will fill it up (24 oz max) for the price of a small. This happens everyday not just on National Coffee Day
- Peet’s Coffee: Buy a one pound bag of coffee at 25% and get a free tea or drip coffee. Use code “COFFEEDAY19 ” for online bean purchases.
- Starbucks: For every cup of Siren’s Blend 9( new blend) sold across the US, 15 cents will be donated between International Women’s Coffee Alliance and Days for Girls.
- Coffee Bean & Tea Leaf: A free 16-ounce brewed coffee (hot or iced) when with the purchase of any food or bakery item (minimum $2 spend). The offer is valid all day on Sept. 29 and limited to one free coffee per guest.
- Barnes and Noble: a free hot brewed coffee with any bakery case purchase
- Whole Foods: High Brew Coffee teamed up with Whole Food to offer free cans of their brews with a coupon Sunday. To grab your coupon, go to highbrewcoffee.com.
- Corner Bakery Cafe: From Sunday through Oct. 1, get a free coffee – any brewed hand-roasted coffee or cold brew – with any purchase and a coupon posted at www.cornerbakerycafe.com/offers.
- Silk: Get at free plant based coffee paid by Silk. Send a Paypal request to Silk ( firstname.lastname@example.org) for the cost of your dairy-free drink with the order as a note. They will reimburse you up to $5. It’s one drink per person, and the deal ends at $5,000.
- Godiva Chocolate: Free 12-ounce hot or iced coffee with any purchase from September 27-29. On 9/29 coffee bags will be buy 1 get 1 50% off in boutiques.
- Vitality Bowls: Get a free coffee with purchase of a medium or large bowl Sunday. Limit one offer per person and not valid with any other discounts.
- Common Room Roasters (Newport Beach): $1 Flat Whites, 25% off Common Room products
- 7-Eleven: 7-Rewards members (app) can get $1 any-size coffee
Location: Various (10 Locations)
San Diego County Area
Seating: Indoor and Outdoor
Description: Better Buzz Coffee serves quality coffee and tea beverages in a FUN atmosphere, with efficient & friendly customer service. Each location is unique in its decor and stylized ambiance. Their coffee and healthy menu selections are a cut above with presentation and taste.
Membership: The Black Card, earn 5% on every purchase
Coffee: Better Buzz offers coffee for single origin espressos, ice blended coffees and handcrafted hot or cold. They are certified by CCOF as an ORGANIC Coffee Roaster and strive to source Fair Trade and Rainforest Alliance coffees. Purchase their whole bean coffee online or in person along with merch.
Buzz into fall with Better Buzz’s seasonal creations. Look out for pumpkin themed drinks like the pumpkin spice latte and pumpkin spice chai. “This iconic creamy beverage has notes of pumpkin, cinnamon, nutmeg, and clove, making it the ultimate fall drink.” You also can enjoy the caramel apple cider.
This August the happy camper latte was introduced made with smoked black tea, vanilla, and molasses. The Happy Camper Latte captures the flavors of a cozy campfire with each sip and has a roasted marshmallow on top (select locations). The snickerdoodle latte was also introduced!
The Menu: Food and Not Coffee
In addition to the numerous coffee selections, Better Buzz Coffee has a menu that will satisfy all your taste buds from bowls, smoothies, toast, sandwiches and soft serve (matcha is vegan). Ask for the gluten free bread & granola. Get your tea latte, orange infused matcha, lavender black tea latte, golden latte or hot chocolate too.
- Acai Bowl: Vanilla Almond Granola, Fresh Berries, Bananas and Honey
- Avocado Toast: Watermelon Radish, cucumber, seeds, lemon, crushed red pepper, micro greens
- Almond Butter & Jam Toast: almond butter and seasonal jam on multigrain
Better Buzz is the hottest place for coffee in La Jolla. On weekends patio seating can be packed with locals looking to meetup for a coffee and treats with friends. Check out the side courtyard adjoining other restaurants and spaces. I found these colorful art stairs to enjoy my toast and acai bowl. If you go on the weekends check out the brunch items like the Triple B French Toast, Better Breakfast Sandwich, Orange Infused Matcha, and a classic Latte.
For the Coffee Lover in your life…
- Sugarfina Cold Brew Bears, Pick 3 Mini Coffee Cups. Gluten Free
Coffee makes everything bearable. So get buzzed with the world’s first collection of coffee-infused, caffeinated gummy bears, flavored with Alfred’s signature blend. Included in this limited-edition buzzy bundle: 3 Mini Cups, each filled with your choice of one of our three flavors: Cold Brew Bears®: the classic, Iced Vanilla Latte Bears: the sweet and creamy favorite, and Bourbon Cold Brew Bears®: with a splash of real bourbon.
Deal: Celebrate National Coffee Day with Sugarfina with triple points on caffeinated treats.
- Coffee Decorating Stencils by Lofekea. I like how these stencils are made of stainless steel and offer 16 designs for the upcoming holidays with the pumpkin, snowflakes and Christmas tree. This set also comes with a Mickey Mouse and Hello Kitty stencils plus messages for Happy Birthday and love. Sprinkle cinnamon, chocolate powder or matcha powder over you coffee or even your cupcakes for an added special touch.
- Rose Gold Coffee Stirring Spoons by YUPIN. These stirring spoons can make a nice gift or for yourself! The spoons come in the design of a rose, daisy, cherry blossom and heart. If you want something similar in a rainbow or silver color you can get that from Amazon Prime too.
- Insulated Glasses Espresso Mug Set by JoyJolt. Enjoy having coffee together with a friend with these mug set. The mugs have a double wall insulation so the outside is cooler to the touch to hold and your drink remains hot.
Prep Time: 10 minutes // Cook Time: 50 minutes // Servings: 12 People
FOR THE CAKE
- 1/4 cup melted coconut oil
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1/2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 2 tablespoons coconut sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Preheat the oven to 350F.
- Line with parchment paper a 9-inch round baking pan, leaving an overhang on the sides to lift the cake out when it’s done. Set aside.
- First make the crumb topping by adding in a small bowl, coconut flour, almond flour, coconut sugar, cinnamon, maple syrup, and coconut oil. Mix everything well to combine. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, add coconut oil, maple syrup, coconut sugar, pumpkin and eggs. Whisk together until combined.
- Add the almond flour, coconut flour, baking soda, pumpkin spice, cinnamon, and salt. Mix until the batter is smooth.
- Pour the batter into prepared pan and sprinkle the crumbs over the batter, pressingly lightly so they stick.
- Bake for 45-50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Allow cake to cool completely before serving.
- Store covered in fridge after the first day.
Coffee with Kindness: Perhaps this week you can reach out to a friend or someone you haven’t seen for awhile to catch up over a cup of coffee! You can invite them to meet you at your favorite coffee spot or over your house to make your own coffee with a design or spoon. Happy National Coffee Day!