Location: Citadel Outlets Los Angeles
100 Citadel Dr, Commerce, CA 90040
In front of the Coach store
When: Saturday, November 9, 2019
Parking: Free, Parking Structures
Tickets or RSVP Required: No
Description: Enjoy the lighting of the “World’s Tallest Live-Cut Christmas Tree.”
On Saturday, November 9, 2019 Citadel Outlets will kick off the holiday season with the 18th Annual Tree Lighting Concert! Heralded as a family-friendly holiday tradition, the free concert will be held from 5 – 8 PM.
This year’s show will be hosted by famed radio host Valentine from Valentine in the Morning. Headlining act In Real Life will take the stage for a high-energy performance. Following their set, world-acclaimed music and performing arts ensemble, The All-American Boys Chorus will treat the crowd to classic holiday favorites before being joined on stage by Santa Claus for the lighting of the World’s Tallest Tree. Afterward, John Lindahl and his band will appease the crowd with a set of original songs and other holiday-inspired tunes.
Giving Back: The concert is free to attend and attendees are encouraged to bring new, unwrapped toys to be donated to CHiPs for KIDS. Beginning November 30th through December 22nd, California Highway Patrol and CHiPs for KIDS representatives will be on-site collecting toys for thousands of undeserved youth.
Snow Falling: Experience the wonder of falling snow, dazzling lights and festive holiday music every night at 6pm and 8pm in front of the lit Christmas Tree. Check Instagram for more coming details about snow falling and Santa’s hours.
Stores: Some of my favorite outlet stores are Kate Spade, Michael Kors (enjoy up to 70% off the entire store. Plus take an additional 20% off handbags and wallets ends 11/13), Steve Madden and the Swarvoski Crystal store. Show this page and get 20% off your entire purchase at Kate Spade (code: CIT20off) and Steve Madden until November 24th.
Visit the Americana at Brand for their Annual Tree Lighting celebration as they officially kick off the holiday season! Be a part of a magical evening hosted by Ava Michelle with special musical performances. Enjoy the season’s first snowfall, a fireworks spectacular and Santa’s grand arrival.
Presented by Keck Medicine of USC. Sponsored by Uber.
This event is complimentary and open to the public.
To ensure the safety of our guests, security screenings will be conducted at all entry points. Please do not bring umbrellas, backpacks or selfie sticks.
Shopping: The Americana has so many retail stores for holiday or all year round shopping. Some of my favorite stores are Anthropologie, Barnes and Noble, Brandy Melville, Free People, J. Crew, Kate Spade, Madewell, Nail’d It, Nordstrom and Sephora.
Location: The Grove
189 The Grove Dr
Los Angeles, CA 90036
Outside on the lawn near Laduree
When: Sunday, November 17, 2019
Parking: Paid Ticket Parking,
Tickets or RSVP Required: No
Visit the Grove for their 18th Annual Tree Lighting celebration as they officially kick off the holiday season! Delight in the season’s first snowfall, a fireworks spectacular, and Santa’s grand arrival.
This event is complimentary and open to the public.
To ensure the safety of our guests, security screenings will be conducted at all entry points. Please don’t bring umbrellas, backpacks or selfie sticks.
Shopping: The Grove is home to many retailers. Some of my favorites include Banana Republic, Barnes & Noble, Brandy Melville, J. Crew, Madewell, Michael Kors, Nordstrom, Sephora, Swarvoski, Topshop (operated by Nordstrom, you can earn Nordstro points here).
Dining: See all options here. Highlight include Starbucks at Barnes & Noble, The Cheesecake Factory, Wood Ranch BBQ & Grill. I personally love going to the Marmalade Cafe and getting a gluten free and dairy free soup. You can’t get your parking validated here because it in on the LA Market side although it is close to Topshop on the Grove side.
Location: Fashion Island
401 Newport Center Dr
Newport Beach, CA 92660
Neiman Marcus and Bloomingdale’s Courtyard
When: Friday November 22, 2019 and
Saturday November 23, 2019
Parking: Free Parking
Parking Structure or Around
Tickets or RSVP Required: No
Visit Fashion Island for their Tree Lighting Ceremony on Friday, November 22 and Saturday, November 23 at 6PM in the Neiman Marcus / Bloomingdale’s Courtyard.
Hosted by Dr. Terry Dubrow and Heather Dubrow, kick off the holiday season with a 25-minute performance by The Young Americans, a visit from Santa, a magical snowfall, and, of course, the highly-anticipated lighting of the tree!
Santa: Plus, after the Tree Lighting Ceremony, little ones can visit Santa and take a photo to capture the moment. Santa will be in his custom-designed house on the Atrium Lawn from November 22 through December 24.
Seating Rules: Seating is a first come first serve basis and can be “reserved” starting at 7am each event day. Blankets and/or small lawn chairs (no more than 6 inches from the seat to the ground) are permitted. Fashion Island is not responsible for lost or stolen items. Chairs/blankets must be removed after each show. Items cannot remain overnight.
Shopping: Click here to see all the shops. Some of my favorites include Alex and Ani, Anthropologie, Barnes & Noble, Francesca’s, Kendra Scott, LOFT, Macy’s, Nordstorm, and Urban Outfitters. I am excited that the Little Market is coming their soon!
Lincoln Experience Center – Light Up the Center: Visit the Lincoln Experience Center (located near Macy’s) before Fashion Island’s annual Tree Lighting Ceremony on Friday November 22 and Saturday, November 23 from 3PM – 6PM to enjoy gourmet holiday treats, live music and take home your own personalized ornament. Please bring a non-perishable food donation for Second Harvest Food Bank.
Christmas Movies – Friday Night Flix: These Christmas movies are separate from the free tree lighting. Enjoy an outdoor holiday movie under the stars & 90ft Christmas Tree held on Fridays, December 6, 13 & 20 in the Neiman Marcus / Bloomingdale’s Courtyard at 7:30PM. Check-in begins at 6:00PM. Enjoy a warm bag of popcorn with your purchase of a $10 general admission ticket. Purchase tickets through Eventbrite.
December 6: It’s A Wonderful Life, December 13: Elf, December 20th: Home Alone
Kick-off the holiday season with festive fun in San Diego’s Little Italy at the 21st Annual Little Italy Tree Lighting and Christmas Village on Saturday, December 7th from 4:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m.
This year, the Little Italy neighborhood will make exciting enhancements to the event with the reveal of a new custom Christmas tree, located in the center of Piazza Basilone. Guests will experience a magical evening filled with festive decor, seasonal vendors, a tree lighting ceremony in the Piazza della Famiglia with a live Christmas tree over 25-feet tall, live music and entertainment, horse-drawn carriage rides, holiday treats, a surprise visit from Santa and more!
Santa: Starting at 4 p.m. In “Santa’s Living Room” little ones can share their Christmas wishes until 6 p.m. and get their picture taken with the man from the North Pole. Kids can also participate in arts and crafts activities next to “Santa’s Living Room” with ArtReach, a nonprofit aimed at increasing equity in visual arts education. Attendees can look forward to the Christmas Village, which will feature holiday goodies and perfect stocking stuffers from seasonal vendors and select Little Italy Mercato vendors on India Street, between W. Cedar and W. Fir Streets.
Christmas Village: All of India Street will be decked out in sparkling white lights—making Little Italy a true winter wonderland. There will also be Christmas carolers, 10-foot tall nutcrackers on street corners and more seasonal surprises throughout the neighborhood!
New Christmas Tree – The Pizza Basilone Tree: The brand new 25-foot tall Christmas tree designed by California artist, Joshua Hubert, will be located in the Piazza Basilone. The tree will dazzle like a disco ball with all different colors shining bright throughout the entire evening. As guests walk around the tree and see it from different angles in the neighborhood, they will see the colors change based on their perspective and view.
Second Christmas Tree – The Piazza Della Famiglia Tree: The second Christmas tree that the Little Italy neighborhood will come together to light on this special evening is an over 25-foot permanent tree located in the heart of the Little Italy neighborhood, the Piazza della Famiglia. Guests are encouraged to head to the Piazza della Famiglia for the tree lighting countdown at 6:30 p.m.
Entertainment Schedule: Please click here.
Other Christmas Lighting Events:
- Rodeo Drive, Beverly Hills CA: BOLD Holidays 2019 Holiday Lighting Celebration: November 14th from 5pm-8pm. Matthew Morrison will take the stage for a special performance of holiday songs (7:30pm) and Rodeo Drive will be illuminated with lights and fireworks. Don’t miss Magic of the Holidays on Rodeo Drive too on Nov 16, 29 and Dec 7, 20 from 5-8pm with LED lights, dancers, singers, acrobatics as they move along Rodeo Drive
Other Christmas Tree Lighting Events:
- Town Center Park adjacent to The Westin South Coast Plaza, Costa Mesa CA: South Coast Plaza Tree Lighting Ceremony: November 21st at 6:30pm Enjoy a free celebration of the holidays with snow, refreshments and a special visit from Santa.
- Palisades Village, Pacific Palisades CA: 2nd Annual Tree Lighting on November 24th from 7pm-9pm. This free magical evening will feature a special performance alongside the season’s first snowfall and Santa’s grand arrival.
- Irvine Spectrum, Irvine CA: Nightly Tree Lighting from November 29th-Dec 24th: Beginning November 29, the beautiful 75-foot tree will come to life every night through December 24 with a choreographed light show every 30 minutes from 5pm-11pm in Giant Wheel Court near Nordstrom and the ice skating themed nights.
- Arts District Liberty Station, San Diego CA: Liberty Station Tree Lighting & Holiday Festivities. Located in the North Promenade on Friday, Nov. 29th from 4 to 9 p.m. Visitors will enjoy a magical evening of the iconic 88-foot Norfolk pine tree lighting as well as live entertainment, festive firetruck rides, free photos with Santa, and The Grinch movie showing
- The Forum, Carlsbad, CA: 17th Annual Lighting of The Forum. November 30th 6pm-9pm Friends and families gather to enjoy a live Holiday Musical Stage Show, Santa’s Grand Arrival, the Lighting of the Holiday Tree, followed by an incredible Light Show and Magical Snowfall.
- Crystal Cove, Newport Coast CA: Crystal Cove 23rd Annual Tree Lighting and Holiday Bazaar: December 7th with a holiday bazaar on the beach from 10am to 5:30pm and tree lighting ceremony at 5:15pm. Complimentary cocoa and cookies by The Beachcomber. Parking is $5
Hotel Christmas Tree Lightings and Events:
- Ritz Carlton, Laguna Niguel CA: November 24th, 4pm
- The Mission Inn Hotel and Spa, Riverside CA: Switch on Ceremony November 29th
- Balboa Bay Club, Newport Beach, CA: Dec 1st 6pm-7:30pm
- Langham Hotel, Pasadena CA: Dec 1st 4pm-7pm, Tickets are $45/person
- La Valencia Hotel, La Jolla CA: December 5th 5:30pm-8pm
- Hotel Del Coronado, Coronado CA: Dec 11th 4pm-7pm. Tree is up from Nov 28-Dec 31
- Monarch Beach Resort, Dana Point CA: December 15th, 3-5pm
It is starting to get chilly at night! A Christmas Tree Lighting Event is a perfect time to dress warmly and stylish with a coat. I like to wrap myself up in this plaid wrap blanket coat from Chicwish. It is not too heavy for a California winter and feels warm and cozy. There is a pocket on both sides and the removable belt at waist helps the look not get too bulky. It is fully lined with a wide turn-down shawl collar. This coat comes in an XXS and is currently on sale for 40% off.
Hat: Target Women’s Felt Floppy Hat – A New Day™ in Camel Swap out your go-to knit beanie for the Felt Floppy Hat from A New Day™ to give your collection of cold-weather accessories a chic refresh. This women’s floppy hat has a wide brim that flows out from the crown for an on-trend look. Made from 100% wool, the hat is just as warm as it is eye-catching, making it a great pick for chilly days and nights. The simple floppy hat gets a touch of added panache from a thin faux leather band with bow accenting just above the brim for a look you’ll love.
Shoes: Michael Michael Kors Frenchie Suede Platform Boot. Almost a 50% off discount