- Oranges are Water-Rich
- Oranges Provide Gut-and-Health Protective Fiber
- Oranges Have High Vitamin C
- Oranges Are Antioxidant Superstars
- Oranges Support Heart Function
- Oranges Help Support Healthy Skin
- Oranges Help Improve Eye Sight
- Oranges Enhance Blood Flow to the Brain
- Oranges Help Fight Off Viral Infections
DASH JUICER + Anthropologie Janey Juice Glass
The easiest way to get Vitamin C is through a delicious juicy sweet Orange. Once you taste the pure taste of orange juice, you will never want to purchase it from a carton or a frozen concentrate ever again. Making orange juice at home is easy with the Dash Juicer.
Dash’s Electric Juicer has an auto-reversing electric reamer with two different sized cones. You will enjoy the adjustable pulp control, dishwasher safe nonelectric parts, and that it has a wrap-around chord for easy storage.
Includes: Dash Citrus Juicer, 2 Reamer Cones, fridge-ready 32 oz container with lid, and Recipe Guide
Plug it in, press a half sliced orange on the point, release to stop, and you’re done. Pour the juice in a pretty cup, and enjoy it!
Juice Glass: Anthropologie’s Jany Juice Glass in the Flower Pattern
I like to be intentional about my health. Taking the extra effort yields positive results.
The delicious taste of orange and its zest can add flavor and moistness to muffins that are gluten dairy-free and refined sugar-free. Enjoy a cup of tea that complements the orange muffins and indulge in chocolate-dipped orange slices with goji berries. Mix together the best citrus summer salad and cool off with ice-cold homemade popsicles made with only 4 essential ingredients the first one being orange juice!
Easy Orange Muffins Recipe (Vegan, Gluten Free, Dairy-Free)
- Sifter and Zester
- Juicer (Hand or Electric)
- 2 ¼ cups gluten-free oat flour
- ½ cup finely ground blanched almond flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon Himalyan pink salt
- ½ cup water
- ½ cup non-dairy milk
- ¼ cup fresh-squeezed orange juice
- 3 tablespoons zest about 1 large orange
- 3 tablespoons melted coconut oil
- ¼ cup of coconut sugar
- ¼ cup pure maple syrup
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Line a 12-cup muffin pan with cupcake liners. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, sift together all the dry ingredients: oat flour, almond flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt.
- Add water and milk to a microwave-safe bowl. Heat in 10-second increments until just warm. This will prevent the melted coconut oil from solidifying once mixed with these liquids.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together all wet ingredients: water, milk, orange juice, orange zest, oil, sugar, maple syrup, and vanilla. Whisk until well incorporated.
- Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients. Whisk until just incorporated, making sure no flour patches remain.
- Pour batter evenly into prepared muffin pan—filling each cup all the way to the top for big, round tops, and ¾ of the way for a larger quantity of smaller muffins. Bake for 22-26 minutes. Insert a toothpick to check for doneness—once it comes out clean, it’s done.
- Place muffin pan on a cooling rack to cool for 20 minutes. Remove muffins from muffin pan and enjoy!
I like to sometimes add the glaze on top with a sprinkle of zest for presentation. Glaze Recipe from Bakerita
3 tablespoons coconut butter, melted
1 tablespoon maple syrup, optional
2 to 3 tablespoon orange juice
For the glaze: whisk together the melted coconut butter, maple syrup, and 2 tablespoons orange juice. Add more orange juice to reach desired consistency. Drizzle over the muffins as desired.
I enjoy these orange muffins sometimes for breakfast or a snack when I make them in the mini size. I love to pair the taste of the orange with one of my favorite teas – Smith’s No. 67 Blend – Meadow. I first discovered this tea at Haute Cakes Caffe in Newport Beach and have now ordered it from Amazon ever since. This tea is a caffeine-free blend of golden Egyptian chamomile flowers, fragrant hyssop, smooth Cape rooibos rose petals and linden flowers.
Orange Julius Popsicle (Vegan, Gluten-free)
- 2/3 cup coconut milk regular full-fat
- 2 cups freshly squeezed orange juice
- 1/8 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 ripe banana or more to desired taste (don't overpower the orange)
- 1/4 tsp orange zest
- pure maple syrup (optional), to add additional sweetness as needed
- Mash the banana with a masher or spoon to a smooth consistency.
- Add all the ingredients into a bowl and mix together until smooth. (I left some very small banana chunks to mix in. However, if you want the ingredients to be in a pureed state put everything in a blender to make it completely smooth.)
- Depending on the sweetness of the fresh orange juice, you may need to add some pure maple syrup to taste to adjust the sweetness of the popsicles (the organic oranges I had were very sweet, and therefore I did not need any maple syrup).
- Pour into your favorite popsicle molds, freeze, and enjoy!
These reusable popsicle molds are a must for summer! This pack of 6 with assorted handle colors come with a silicone funnel that you can use to easily pour your mixture in.
The trick to removing the frozen popsicles from these 100% BPA free molds is to run some warm/hot water over it and they slide right out! No more sticky fingers and the molds are easy to clean and store.
Summer Salad with Orange Citrus Dressing
- Juicer for Orange Juice
For the Salad
- 1 cup baby kale
- 1 cup baby spinach
- 1 cup romaine lettuce
- 1 ripe avocado sliced
- Handful toasted hazelnuts or almonds coarsely chopped
- Garnish strawberries, blueberries, cucumbers sliced
For the Dressing (recipe from The Fitchen)
- 1/3 cup freshly squeezed orange juice about 1.5 oranges
- 1/2 tablespoons raw honey
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1/2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- ¼ teaspoon Himalayan Pink sea salt
- ¼ teaspoons fresh black pepper
- Make the dressing by whisking together all the ingredients until the dressing is well combined.
- In a large bowl toss together the kale, spinach, and romaine lettuce. Top with avocado slices, nuts, berries and, cucumbers. Drizzle or mist salad dressing on top and serve immediately.
Dressing and Nut Container: Creative Co-op Stackable Clear Glass Sugar & Creamer with Cork Lid & Spoon (Set of 3 Pieces) Serveware
These stackable glass containers are typically used for sugar and creamer for your coffee, but I like to use these items for the dressing and layering of nuts for the salad.
Bowl: Always Seek to Do Good Bowl, Floral Diameter: 5.5″ Microwave & Dishwasher Safe. This bowl is perfect for individual servings leaving enough room for the greens and added toppings.
Dark Chocolate-Dipped Orange Slices
- Wash the oranges, slice them at 1/4 inch thick rounds and freeze them for an hour. It’s a lot easier to dip fruit in melted chocolate when the fruit itself is frozen. It also makes it easier to dry/set.
- After the oranges are frozen, melt the chocolate in the microwave 30 seconds at a time. Once the chocolate is melted, add the coconut oil one teaspoon at a time, while stirring. You will notice that the chocolate mixture will suddenly get thinner and easier to stir because of the coconut oil.
- Dip each orange into the chocolate. Get creative on how much chocolate you want on your orange slices to make your design.
- Lay the orange slices on a baking sheet with parchment paper. While the chocolate is still wet, add a sprinkle of pink salt and 3-4 Goji Berries.
- Once all orange slices are coated in chocolate, Goji Berries & pink salt, place the baking tray into the freezer or transfer carefully to a smaller plate and let the oranges set.
- Store in freezer in a silicone sealed bag, or glass container till ready to serve.
Citrus Shine Hair Smoothie
Citrus Shine Hair Smoothie
- Measuring Cups and Spoons
- Blender or Food Processor
- Shower Cap
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1/4 cup organic, full-fat plain yogurt
- 1 banana
- 1 tbs honey
- Measure and combine the orange juice, yogurt, banana, and honey in a blender or food processor.
- Blend until you've got a really creamy paste. Banana chunks are notoriously hard to remove from hair, so keep your finger on that blender button until the mixture has a supersmooth texture, like that of conditioner.
- Use your hands to slather the mask onto your dry hair. Don't be afraid to really pack it on , saturating the strands from roots to ends.
- Put a shower cap to keep the mask in place and prevent drips, then meditate or read for about 15 minutes. Rinse throughly and follow with shampoo.
Secret Beauty Ingredient: Orange + Vitamin C
I love beauty products enriched with vitamin C and touches of orange to refresh and revive for a morning and evening skincare routine. Below are some of my favorites for their affordability, absence of gluten, and many other harmful synthetic ingredients commonly found in other items.
1. Derma-E Vitamin C-Brightening Wipes 100% biodegradable pre-moistened ultra-soft Vitamin C facial wipes deliver an illuminating clean while gently lifting away makeup, oil, and impurities. Vegan and Gluten-Free
2. Dr. Teal’s Pure Epsom Salt Soaking Solution Glow & Radiance with Vitamin C and Citrus Essential Oils combines pure Epsom Salt with vitamin C to help ease sore, achy muscles while promoting glowing, youthful skin. The antioxidant-rich formula has added citrus essential oils to help provide relief from stress.
3. Vital Proteins Vitality Immune Booster proactive immune boost and extra immune support for when you’re having an off day in on-the-go packets. Conveniently incorporate them into your daily wellness routine at home or anywhere.
4. Fresh Sugar Blood Orange Hydrating Lip Balm A cushiony, hydrating lip balm that delivers non-stop 24-hour moisture and a velvety shine.
5. Skylar Capri Scent Roller Ball Pocket Travel 0.33 fl oz Size Enjoy this Mediterranean-inspired, citrus, zesty, and invigorating scent with notes of bergamot, neroli, grapefruit, blood orange, teakwood, and dewy rose. Transport yourself to that ultra-relaxed, just-out-of-the-water carefree Capri indulgence captured in a bottle. Vegan and Gluten-Free.
6. Smashbox Photo Finish Vitamin Glow Primer A refreshing, vitamin-enriched primer to brighten, revitalize, hydrate, prep skin for makeup, and enhance your glow. Vegan and Gluten-Free.
Top: Grateful Days Tee by Rebel Sugar sold on Francesca’s featuring a sun, waves in an orange circle!
Clutch: Hilda Embroidered Citrus Zippered Pouch with lemons and oranges and a multi-colored tassel
Hat: Anthropologie Anna Trimmed Rancher Hat in Pink (Looks More Blush/Cream).
Journal: JOY ESV Scripture Journal with oranges on the cover. Lined Blank Pages with verses on joy at the top. “These high-quality journals have thick, cream-colored paper and beautiful covers, and are compact enough to fit easily inside a purse or backpack.”
The Little Market has an online store that sells items handcrafted by women. 1. Orange Bar Soap / Each purchase empowers formerly homeless women at MADE by DWC (Downtown Women’s Center) in Los Angeles./ 2. Orange Soaking Salt and 3. Orange Sugar Scrub, Each purchase of the salt and scrub, empowers young mothers at Bright Endeavors in the United States.
Be Kind, Be Safe
Mat: Love One Another Coir Door Mat – Whenever I enter or leave my house (for a safe social distance outing), I remember to love one another because of the message on this beautiful doormat. The mat, made of coir fiber, features a pretty floral design atop a natural brown background. With the words “Love One Another” in a lovely script, this mat is almost too cute to wipe your feet on!
Nail Polish Color of the moment: My Address is Hollywood by OPI
Non-Medical-Grade Mask (what I am wearing above): Mother’s The Don’t Spray It Mask. These assorted masks come in a 2 Pack. The Mother’s site updates when the masks will become available next if out of stock.
“Love One Another. Listening and learning in love and acting in faith.
I hope you continue to live a vibrant life full of health and joy!
May you have Grateful Days!”