Pumpkin Spice – Fashion and Flavor of Fall
November is the perfect time to start lighting up fall scented candles and baking. The scent of pumpkin and cinnamon wafting through the air is so comforting along with wearing sweaters, jackets, coats and boots.
Below are some stylish pumpkin spice fashion finds in autumn tones that are affordable.
Animal prints are still a popular ongoing trend from autumn into winter. White House Black Market is offering some terrific sales on their autumn line. This tiger print blouse is perfect worn alone, or underneath a blazer, duster, or trench. The on-trend top knot headband in the same fabrication as the blouse ties everything together.
I love this faux suede trench coat. The feel is luxurious, the style is classic, and with the affordable price, it is a fashion steal for this fall. The color online is called camel but the real color lends itself more towards a rich pumpkin spice color.
Duster Coat: Forever 21 Faux Suede Storm Flap Duster Jacket in Camel Color
Top: White House Black Market Tiger-print Tie-neck Blouse in petite
Headband: White House Black Market Tiger-print Knot Headband now at 49% off
Mask: White House Black Market Mask (comes in a 3 pack )
For casual days I love this lightweight duster with some denim jeans. It is so easy and pulls a plain top and some jeans into a polished look.
Cardigan: Macy’s Freshman Juniors’ Pointelle Duster Cardigan in color Pumpkin Spice. On sale for $29.40 when using the code SALE until 11/12
Belt: Lucky Brand Studded Belt. Similar Belt Here.
Hat: Gigi Pip Monroe Rancher Hat in Dusty Pink. Size M/L. This hat is one of my favorites! This women’s rancher hat has a brim and crown trimmed with tonal grosgrain ribbon and a slightly curled up brim.
Cardigan: Macy’s Hooked Up by IOT Juniors’ Textured Button-Front Cardigan. The color is Teddy Brown. With code SALE $26.40 until 11/12
Top: Francesca’s Elise Smocked Off The Shoulder Top in Mauve
My favorite recipe for a pumpkin loaf is this one from one of my favorite bakeries and cookbook Sweet Laurel. The seasoning, flavor, and density are absolutely perfect and it is also gluten, dairy-free, and refined sugar-free. The addition of ginger makes this loaf ever brighter with a hint of gingerbread.
Pair a warm slice of this yummy pumpkin loaf with a hot cup of pumpkin latte also from Sweet Laurel.
- 2 cups almond flour
- 1-2 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger optional
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg optional
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon Himalayan pink salt
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 1/2 cup maple syrup or less for less sweet
- 1/4 cup melted coconut oil
- 2-3 eggs*
- 1/4 cup coconut milk or almond milk
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- Preheat oven 350°F.
- Mix pumpkin, maple syrup, melted coconut oil, eggs, coconut milk, vanilla and apple cider vinegar.
- Slowly add in flours, spices, baking soda and salt.
- Stir to combine and pour into standard size loaf pan. (I chose to use the Silpat mini loaf pan)
- Bake for 30-40 minutes. (If making smaller loaves the time to bake will be shorter like 25 min) Cool completely, take out of pans, and enjoy!
Silpat’s innovative mini loaf pan is ideal for baking petite quick bread, pound cake, and cornbread. The lightweight, flexible material optimizes heat conduction for consistent, outstanding results. It’s coated in food-grade silicone that offers effortless release and eliminates the need for greasing.
- Creates 9 petite loaves with tender centers and golden finishes.
Pumpkin Spice Latte (coffee optional)
- Pumpkin spice latte
- 6 cups almond or coconut milk
- 1/4 cup pumpkin puree
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ginger
- 3 dates
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups freshly brewed coffee optional ( choose a caffine free +gluten-free) option
- Coconut cream
- 1 can coconut milk refrigerated overnight
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
To make the PSL:
- Place coconut or almond milk in a blender, along with remaining ingredients. Blend on high, about 2 minutes
- Heat mixture over the stove until desired temperature is reached
- Pour into 4 mugs and top with coconut whipped cream. Recipe below.
To make the coconut whipped cream
- After the coconut cream has set in the fridge overnight, the coconut fat solids separate from the coconut water. Open cans of coconut cream and spoon solid cream into Kitchen Aid mixer bowl. You can also use a bowl and hand mixer. Beat the solid coconut cream on high speed until cream peaks form. Slowly stir in the maple syrup and vanilla extract.
Curl up on your couch and get cozy with the smell of homemade pumpkin pie.
Each purchase empowers women artisans at Prosperity Candle who have resettled as refugees in the United States.
You can buy a Pumpkin Spice candle with the message of “Hello Fall” or “Hey Pumpkin.” You can also personalize it with your own message.
This is one of my favorite candles that I stock up on and burn all year round. I first found them at local Whole Foods in Newport Beach but you can them order online.
Create a complete transformation to your environment. Lite one, sit back and feel the stress melt away as you inhale fresh-baked Pumpkin Pie with a hint of grounding cinnamon and clove. It is a must-have for the Fall and the perfect complement to your pumpkin latte!
- Made from renewable ingredients like soy wax and vegetable wax
- Nonmetal, lead-free candle wick burns for 25 hours for a long-lasting lavender scent
- Bright and bold pumpkin warms our hearts and homes Fall for this familiar scent while it’s in season
- Comes in a recyclable glass candle jar makes for an easy gift
Be Kind, Be Safe
Non-Medical-Grade Mask (what I am wearing above): Lele Sadoughi Blush Floral Mask. These blush masks come in a 3 Pack. I love the adjustable ear loops on these.
“Love One Another. Listening and learning in love and acting in faith.
Enjoy this season full of pumpkin spice and everything nice!”