Happy World Kindness Day!
Kindness Never Goes out of style.
How can you shine kindness from a thankful and kind heart today during the pandemic and this COVID-19 time? Loneliness and self-isolation are more real than ever as we ramp up into the bigger holidays—check-in on neighbors, co-workers, as well as your friends and family. Perhaps you can connect to serving opportunities in your local community to help donate your time and energy to people who need it most. Below are my top 5 suggestions on how you can live out kindness.
- Send an encouraging text to a friend to check in on them. Share something you have found heartwarming, funny, inspiring, or endearing lately, whether it was a YouTube video, gif, song, or photo of a cute animal.
- Be intentional with looking people in the eye and addressing people by name – even on zoom! I love how zoom automatically lists the person’s name, making it easier to say hello in the online meeting when appropriate. Welcome people in that online space just like you would in your own home. Positive and truthful affirmations too!
- Call a family member up and ask them what their favorite fall treat or food to eat is. Bake or cook and then share a memory. Celebrate what is good in life!
- Send a care package to someone complete with a hand-written note or a reminder of how much they are loved. Sometimes the smallest act of kindness is more than a grand intention. The package doesn’t have to be expensive but something that speaks to the heart of the recipient. I am thankful for my friend who gifted me this BlankieGram with healing words on it. It is so soft and has positive affirmations all over it. Talk about a warm hug!
- Be grateful! Gratitude goes a long way! Vocalize or put into words what you are grateful for. Thank our service workers and medical professionals. Thank you to the teachers and parents. Who can you show gratitude to? Write yelp reviews or reviews for those businesses and service places that have made a positive difference in your life.
Bag: Apolis Petite Market Bag. I love market bags by Apolis because they are reusable and are tear & spill-resistant. My bag was part of a special collaboration with Abigail Spencer. Each bag sold donated $6 to domestic violence survivors via DV LEAP. You can still get your own petite market bag in black with custom initials! Check out all the small market bag customizable options at Apolis.
Top: Ann Taylor Dotted Puff Sleeve Top. I love a good sale! Right now, you can get this top for 40% OFF YOUR PURCHASE + EXTRA 11% OFF! USE CODE: HOLIDAYBONUS. You get free shipping too! I love this top to wear to my zoom meetings. The puff sleeve pattern gives an extra pop of style that can be seen on camera. Pair with your favorite black skinny jeans or comfort sweats for online meetings.
Shoes: Steve Madden Women’s Jacoby Thigh-High Over-The-Knee Boots in Black
Hat: Gigi Pip Monroe Rancher Hat in Dusty Pink. I love hats, and this one is a favorite because of how well structured it is. The dusty pink color is beautiful. I wear my hats oversized – this is a size M/L.
Ring: Ann Taylor Pearlized Filigree Ring. 40% OFF YOUR PURCHASE + EXTRA 11% OFF! USE CODE: HOLIDAYBONUS +FREE SHIPPING!
Kindness Graphic Tees
Anthropologie has an extra 40% off sale items through this weekend. One of my go-to comfy graphic tees this season is the Kindness one by Junk Food Clothing. This Kindness graphic tees design reminded me of Superwoman, where kindness keeps radiating out to others. It seems like we especially need kindness in our world today.
Choose clothing items and accessories that not only add style but share a positive message too! Kindness is for everyone, and I like to think that my superpower is being kind! How about you?
Top: Junk Food Clothing Kindness Graphic Tee. Get 40% off $39.95. This top has a smaller fit making it great for Petites.
Similar Top: Kindness is Love Graphic Tee
Anthropologie Sale: Visit Website
Hat: Gigi Pip Lieutenant Hat in Blush. Another Sale! Save 15% off.