It’s December and the weather this weekend in Southern California is beautiful and warm. I love this easy and comfy kimono wrap from Free People. It takes a t-shirt and jeans from simple to stylish in an instant. It’s great to put it on when you are at home on zoom meetings. I’ve always loved hats and especially this Miller Fedora from Gigi Pip. The neutral color goes with almost anything. Right now Gigi Pip is running a special with 20% off of their best selling hats. Their most popular styles always get sold out quickly so hurry to order yours. My over the knee boots from Steve Madden are comfortable and are petite friendly with a snug fit on your legs. The Uncommon James jewelry makes the perfect gift for someone. This special boxed set arrived with three necklaces. Layer them or wear them individually. Each necklace comes in its own individual pouch for easy storage.
Shop This Look
When I think of Christmas baking, I have fond memories of gingerbread. Growing up as a child, I loved decorating gingerbread houses with candy and, of course, those cute gingerbread cookies with hot chocolate. As an adult, I still love the flavor and taste of gingerbread but with a healthy twist.
If you have some spotty ripe bananas around, you will want to bake this tasty gingerbread banana loaf. I bake this in my Silpat mini loaf tray and freeze the rest of the loaves. In the mornings, I love having a slice with hot oatmeal or, in the midday, a slice or two with a hot drink!
Gingerbread Banana Bread
- 2 ripe spotty bananas (about 1 cup mashed)
- 3 eggs
- 1/4 cup black strap molasses
- 3 tablespoons agave nectar
- 2 cups super-fine blanched almond flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1.5 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1.5 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon allspice
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Mash the bananas in a medium bowl and then add the eggs, molasses and agave nectar.
- Whisk to combine.
- Add the almond flour, baking powder, spices and salt.
- Whisk again until combined.
- Transfer the batter to the mini loaf silpat
- Bake for 35 minutes, until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Allow the bread to cool before removing from silpat
- Cut into even smaller slices if desired, decorate with gingerbread sprinkles and enjoy!
Silpat’s innovative mini loaf pan is ideal for baking petite quick bread, pound cake, and cornbread. The lightweight, flexible material optimizes heat conduction for consistent, outstanding results. It’s coated in food-grade silicone that offers effortless release and eliminates the need for greasing.
- Creates 9 petite loaves with tender centers and golden finishes.
Enjoy decorating your mini loaves with the FUN SPRINKLEFETTI MIX: This delicious and colorful gingerbread sprinkle medley is perfect for all your Christmas & holiday treats! These sprinkles are Gluten-Free, Nut-Free, Egg-Free, and Dairy-Free. **NOTE** The larger sugar pearl beads are hard. Please use it at your discretion.
You can also just get the Gingerbread Sprinkles.
Be Kind, Be Safe
Non-Medical-Grade Mask (what I am wearing above): KGVCX Tapered Face Mask in nude. Masks have become not only a daily necessity but part of our wardrobe. I like the shape and fit of this mask. It comes in neutral colors that match everything which makes it not only attractive but practical.
“Love One Another. Listening and learning in love and acting in faith.
Enjoy the magic of this season – even if it is from home!”