I love the freshness, scent, and taste of freshly squeezed lemon in baked goods and in cooking. Here is one of my favorite recipes that I wanted to share with you. If you are sharing it with others double the recipe and make it in this special lemon loaf pan to create this beautiful embossed design. Otherwise enjoy using the Silpat mini loaf pan for effortless release and perfect baking every time!
Lemon Poppyseed Loaf
- 2 1/3 cups almond flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon fine-grain sea salt
- 2/3 cup maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 4 medium eggs
- 1/4 cup avocado oil
- Zest of 1 organic lemon
- 3 tablespoons poppy seeds
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Line a 9×5 inch loaf pan with parchment paper, leaving a bit of extra hanging over the sides. If you are using the Williams Sonoma Nordic Ware Citrus Blossom Loaf Pan double the recipe.
- In a large bowl, mix together the almond flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, vanilla, eggs, maple syrup, avocado oil, and lemon zest until smooth. Add in poppy seeds and stir well to distribute.
- Pour batter into the prepared (generously sprayed with coconut oil or some alternative) loaf pan. Bake for 45 minutes – 1 hour, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
I loved baking this recipe with the Williams Sonoma Nordic Ware Citrus Blossom Loaf Pan! The key to getting the loaf out nicely is to use ample coconut oil spray before pouring the batter in. This loaf pan produces a sculptural loaf adorned with leafy citrus shapes. Crafted of heavyweight cast aluminum with a PFOA-free premium nonstick surface.
Easy Blueberry Compote
- 1 8 oz bag frozen blueberries
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- Juice of 2 lemons
- In a small saucepan, combine blueberries and maple syrup.
- Over medium heat, bring to boil, then reduce heat to low and let simmer, stirring and mashing with a spoon to partially break apart blueberries.
- Simmer for 15 minutes, then remove from heat and stir in lemon juice.
Shop This Recipe
The cookbooks pictured don’t have this lemon poppyseed recipe in them.
I just wanted to share some lemon-inspired healthy gift options that have delicious recipes and bookshelf appeal.