readily feeling or showing verbally or physically fondness, tenderness, love, & warmth.
One of my favorite desserts to share with someone is “I am Opulent” from Cafe Gratitude that has a base of a warm cookie topped with miso salted caramel and gelato. I recently found out that the warm chocolate chunk cookie is “I am Affectionate” – the chocolate chip walnut cookie!
I found the recipe in one of my favorite cookbooks, “Love is Served” by Cafe Gratitude, and have enjoyed making these cookies ever since! Of course, if you do not share the warm cookies right out of the oven, then you can always reheat them to give that warm melted chocolate taste! Pair it with your favorite choice of cold milk (coconut milk for me) and you have a delicious dessert to serve in love!
I am Affectionate!
Affectionate: Chocolate Chip Walnut Cookies
- Baking Sheets
- ¾ cup Gluten-Free All-Purpose Flour
- ¾ cup vegan semisweet chocolate chips
- ½ cup raw walnuts or almonds chopped
- ½ cup rolled oats
- ½ cup coconut sugar (original recipe calls for cane sugar)
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ¾ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon Himalayan sea salt
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- ⅓ cup Coconut Milk
- ⅓ cup maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- ¼ cup coconut oil softened
- ½ cup almond butter
- Preheat the oven to 325°F. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper and set aside or use your Siplats.
- In a large bowl, combine the flour blend, chocolate chips, walnuts, oats, sugar, baking powder, cinnamon, salt, and baking soda. Mix gently until combined.
- In a blender, combine the coconut milk, maple syrup, and chia seeds. Blend until the chia is fully dissolved, about 1 minute. Add the wet blended mix to the dry mix, along with the coconut oil and almond butter. Mix until everything is fully incorporated and forms a soft dough.
- Using a ¼-cup measure, scoop the dough onto the prepared baking sheets, spacing each cookie 5 inches apart, and flattening each cookie slightly. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes, until the edges are golden brown. Transfer to a cooling rack. The cookies should still be a little soft when you remove them, but they'll firm up as they cool. Store the cooled cookies in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 3 days.
Shop the Post:
Cookbook: Love is Served Inspired Plant-Based Recipes from Southern California Hardcover
Trivet: Bendt 8″ Copper Trivet from Crate & Barrel
Chocolate: Hu Chocolate Gems
Baking Cookie Sheet/Silpat: Silpat Perfect Cookie Non-Stick Silicone Baking Mat, 11-5/8″ x 16-1/2″, Orange
How will you choose to serve someone else in love today? Perhaps you can make these cookies and deliver them. You can send an encouraging text, call a friend or meet a specific need in your community. Thank you for making a positive difference!