It is a great time to start shifting to a healthier body, soul, mind, and spirit! One of my favorite cookbooks is by Sweet Laurel that features recipes that are gluten-free, dairy-free, refined-sugar-free with vegan options. Their signature colors are pink and green and I found the perfect confectionary-like top to start the year healthy with a bit of whimsy. Scroll below to the recipe for Lemon Poppyseed Muffins!
Top: Nothing Sweeter Top Cotton Candy Color Combo from Free People (Here)
Romantic and ethereal, this stunning top features a shirred bodice design with sheer, Swiss-dot adorned puff sleeves and soft color block design for added dimension. I like to wear this top sometimes with the shoulders down or up!
Hat: Similar Hats from Free People (Here), Lack of Color (Here), and Forever 21 (Here)
Jeans: Ann Taylor Sculpting Pocket High Rise Skinny Jeans In Classic Mid Wash (Here)
Brooch: Fringed Moon Brooch from Anthropologie by Beth Ward Studios (Here)
Faux Fur Coat: Similar options from Express (Here) and ASOS (Here)
Lemon Poppyseed Muffin Recipe
If you are out of paper muffin liners consider investing in a Silpat Nonstick Silicone Muffin Pan on top of the Silpat Nonstick Perforated aluminum tray. I love how the cleanup is so easy and the muffins are removed without having to overly grease the pan.
Lemon Poppyseed Muffins
- Silpat Nonstick Silicone Muffin Pan 12-Well (Not essential but recommended)
- 4 cups blanched almond flour
- 1/2 tsp Himalayan pink salt
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 3 eggs
- 3/4 cup full fat coconut milk or almond milk
- 1 cup 100% maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons lemon zest
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons poppy seeds
- Place cupcake/muffin papers in the muffin tins or silpat. Combine almond flour, salt and baking soda in a bowl.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the eggs, coconut milk, syrup, lemon zest and lemon juice. Add flour mixture, then stir in poppy seeds.
- Pour into prepared cupcake pan. Bake for 35-40 minutes.
- Allow the cupcakes to cool, then enjoy!
Plate: The Little Market Ceramic Side Plate in White (Here)
Square Tray: The Little Market Square Ceramic Tray in White (Here)
Chocolate Bar: Raspberry Cocoa Bar – Paleo, Vegan, Refined Sugar-Free, Dairy-Free by Sweet Laurel and Sugarfina (Ships Nationwide from Here)
I got my hand-crafted candy bar from the South Coast Plaza Sugarfina location but you can also get it at the Century City location.
Cookbook: Sweet Laurel Cookbook (Here)
Cake Kit: Sweet Laurel Cake Kit (Gluten-Free and Dairy-Free) (Here)