I appreciate that Sephora offers free classes, some mini services and events at your local store.
45 min classes are free on a variety of topics at your local Sephora store. Learn about and how to apply barely there makeup, brow-shaping, mastering the smokey eye, contouring, applying false eyelashes, cat eye, lip application or makeup 101.
Some FREE services include makeup mini sessions (about 20 min) for brows, finding your foundation, lashes, (must purchase lashes), and lips. A Sephora Beauty Advisor will help you apply the makeup and find your best look. Limit of one Makeup Mini per client per day. Many of the full makeover sessions are free with a $50 purchase.
HAIR: Some locations offer 20 min dry hair styling with a partnership with Drybar in the Sephora store. “Every Friday and Saturday afternoon, 20 minutes for $20. Walk-ins welcome, dry hair required.” Book a reservation (about 3 months out on the calendar online) or walk in at Sephora Santa Monica, Sephora Century City or Sephora South Coast Plaza on Bristol St (Thursday-Sunday 4pm-7pm).
You can conveniently reserve your time slot at the location of your choice online. You can sign in with your Sephora free account or reserve your time as a guest by entering first and last name, email and phone number with an optional beauty note. You might be apple to get a mini makeover as a walk in depending on staffing and time availability.
Reward Membership perks: Sephora Beauty Insider
There are 3 levels of membership – Insider, VIB and Rouge. You get a birthday gift mini product choice and track your purchases online You earn points per every dollar you spend where you can redeem them for certain mini products. Rouge members (spend $1000 per calendar year) include free online shipping and redeeming 2,500 points for a $100 giftcard/online code to spend online.
- Free 3 Day Shipping with order over $50
- Order in store: have an associate order it for you in store to ship to your house
- Flash 2-Day Shipping: Subscription for Unlimited, FREE 2-Day Shipping for 1 year. No minimum purchase required. It automatically renews so cancel before you get recharged for the following year. Please read the details and terms and conditions.
- Rouge Membership (Beauty Insider Status: spend $1000 per calendar year): register for Sephora Flash, subscription will not auto-renew. “If you selected FLASH as your Rouge tier celebration gift your subscription is good for the calendar year in which you qualified for Rouge status and the following full calendar year; after that, annual re-qualification is required.”
Subscription Box: PLAY! by SEPHORA Monthly Subscription Box
Receive five trial-size samples (new and best-selling products) every month delivered to your door. $10 billed monthly with free shipping.
Sephora Stands: “broad social impact strategy to inspire confidence and fearlessness among women” Signup for updates and purchasing products to support. Right now they are selling the Sephora Collection Rouge Cream Lipstick in shade Fearless.
“Find all things beauty, all in one place”
Beauty Services: Visit your local Ulta shop or select the particular location online to find out what services are available for you and the pricing. Look online for first hair or skin service discount. Search for a store here.
- Hair by the Salon: Enjoy a variety of services similar to your full service stand alone store. Haircuts, coloring, highlights, texturing, styling and extensions are most likely available to book an appointment for.
- Skin by Dermalogica: Enjoy booking facials, brow lift, mineral infusion, resurfacing and microdermabrasion
- Makeup: 30 minute ($30) makeup lesson, 45 minutes everyday makeup application ($45), 60 minute formal makeup application ($60)
- Lashes: Buy strip faux lashes in the store and have them applied for $10 (cluster: $35), or go for lash extensions or individual lash application
- Brows by Benefit: Waxing and Tinting
- Makeup Applications: Express (with $30 M•A•C purchase) or Full (with $60 M•A•C purchase)
- 1-on-1 Lessons: 30 minutes (with $30 M•A•C purchase) or 60 minutes (with $60 M•A•C purchase)
- Groups: Forward Fashion covering latest trends (FREE with $50 M•A•C purchase/per person) or Makeup Masters on skills you want to master (FREE with $50 M•A•C purchase/per person)
Free Rewards Program: Ultamate (points are good for one calendar year)
Three Levels: Member, Platinum (points never expire) and Diamond (points never expire, free shipping orders $25 or more)
Download the app, present your card at the store, login online or give your phone number in the store at checkout
- Shop and Earn points for every dollar spent on products, beauty services and at ulta.com (I love that your points can be spent on future purchases so you can earn and buy on the items you love verses only getting to pick up new mini products for your points.)
- Get Additional Points with bonus point promotions announced in emails
- Redeem your points in store or online for any of the products or beauty services.
- Buy online and pick it up in store
- Ordering in store: An associate can assist you in ordering items in store and shipping them to your home for free
- Free Standard Shipping for orders over $50
- Diamond Status Rewards Program: Free shipping for orders over $25
Keep checking emails, social media and online for the announcement of when Ulta’s 21 Days of Beauty for online and in-store deals
- “Beauty Steals” 50% off hottest brands available only for that one designated day
- “Hot Buys:” Special offers up to 40% available from 1 day to 3 weeks (events)
- Weekly Beauty Deal: Lowest prices on Ulta’s branded collection. There are three sets of Weekly Beauty Deals®; each set is available for one week only during the event.
For more savings everyday check the Ulta’s promotional page online.
According to Tarte’s website “All of our products are formulated without parabens, mineral oil, phthalates, sodium lauryl sulfate, triclosan, synthetic fragrances and gluten, just to name a few. Tarte cannot guarantee that any ingredients or products were produced in an allergen free environment.” As with all beauty products please read the listed ingredients and do your own research!
Tarte has a great reward system in place where you can earn points by shopping and engaging! You can redeem your earned points online for exclusive rewards Below are three ways to earn points.
- Shopping: Login to your account and once your order ships you will points for foundations and full-sized palettes (100 points), all other makeup and skin products (50 points) and sale products (25 points)
- Engaging: completing your beauty profile (50 points), connecting on your favorite social platforms (25 points) , product reviews (20 points), exploring certain products or quizzes (10 points) and even opening a tarte email (10 points)
- Participate in Tartlette Delivery (50 points plus 10 bonus points): Subscription service that automatically sends you selected product (auto-delivery option selected) based on the schedule you set. “Every subscription order is 10% off and ships for free. You can adjust, skip or cancel your subscription any time)
Some notable rewards for redeemed points: $10 off (1,000 points), 20% off (1,000 points), $20 off (1,500 points) and some pre-selected product too.
- Free Standard Shipping on orders of $40+
- Join the free Tarte Rewards loyalty program to get points. 1,500 points is redeemable for free shipping
- Obtain Sweet Tarte reward status (2,000-4,999 points) to obtain free shipping on all orders
- Obtain Soulmate reward status (5,000 points +) to get free expedited shipping on all orders
- Order in local Sephora or Ulta store: have an associate order it for you in store to ship to your house (upload your receipt when logged into to Tarte to still gain points)
Earning Tarte Points While Shopping Elsewhere for Tarte Products:
Earn points for merchandise purchased in person at a Sephora or Ulta. Take a photo of the receipt and upload it as an attachment and send to email@example.com from the email associated with your tarte account. The photo of your in-store Tarte purchase should show the receipt number, product number, date of purchase and store. When manually emailing and sending in your receipt info, only 3 products can be claimed each month for points.
Tarte Giving Back: Tarte partners with different organizations such as the Sea Turtle Conservancy and organizations that help ensure the sustainability and cruelty free concept of where their ingredients are sourced.
I love their #kissandmakeup campaign where users can use the hashtag with a photo of a lip print on their hand in front of their mouth. It is a reminder to stop cyberbullying and to be kind!
Check back later on my blog posts that will explore my favorite Tarte products and of course cute packaging!